Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Visitation

We went to see The Boy today, on his scheduled visitation. He looked resplendent in his orange jumpsuit, let me tell you. He should be out either Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on whether they count Friday as a full day.

I can’t tell if he’s learned anything from this or not — he makes the right noises, but he’s good at that. I think he’s going to come home for a day or so then go back to his apartment. The bad part about that is that he’ll be back in with the same friends that got him where he is; the good part is that he’ll be closer to wherever he finds work (which is important since his driver’s license has been suspended for six months).

The preacher met us at the jail, and he gets a pass to come in any time, so he’s going to have some one-on-one with The Boy tomorrow. I hope that goes well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi FAR ... Hopefully hearing from someone outside of the family will make a bit of an impact. Hope that he's found this whole thing deterring, but that is worrisome if he's going back into the same situation (i.e., the friends). I'm thinking of you all and hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi FARfetched.

    Haven't been around for a few days. I see a lot has happened. Just as Olivia said, I'm thinking of you all (ya'll) and I hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. FM, good to see you again! Can I start tapping my toe?

    Looks like tomorrow's the day. All court stuff still goes by snail-mail, and the President's Day holiday stopped up the mail, so the waiver didn't get to the judge on time. They're going to fax it to the jail so he can get out, according to the probation officer.

    When I told The Boy that, he didn't seem to be too put out by it. "Just as long as I know," he said.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...