Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Friday, June 06, 2008

First Fruits

blueberriesI was kind of surprised to see the huckleberries/blueberries getting ripe already. There were only a few ripe ones, but there’s a lot more where that came from. I think there will be enough by Saturday morning to have blueberry pancakes.

In a couple weeks, they’ll really come on the pipe and we’ll have to figure out what to do with them. Probably a pie or two.

The blackberries will be ripe in another month, and I shouldn’t have any trouble getting all we want and then some.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, blackberries. (Not that blueberries aren't good also.) Biscuits anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you with the blueberries! Our poor bush has been so besieged by the rabbits, that it's just hanging in there. So far, all of our berry efforts have been failures. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to enjoy berries via your pictures. I don't think I've been near a berry bush since we moved away from the farm.

    However, pancakes this morning does sound good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Boran, or just toast. Or fresh ones on ice cream.

    IVG, Mrs. Fetched tells me I'm lucky the birds don't get every single one. Maybe the dogs will keep them aloft until I can get my share. They should really start producing in the next week or two.

    FM… no produce stands nearby?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...