Things have improved quite a bit in the last two days. The HR person went into the database and could see from the transaction history that I had tried to add The Boy, so she went ahead and fixed it. I came home to find both Skyler and Big V here at the manor, but they went home after a while so it was all good. I still find myself with very little free time, and end up staying up much later than I should. On the other hand, Moptop is back… none the worse, nor better either.
One thing I’ve been wanting to do for a while is say hello to new blog-followers and welcome everyone to the free-range insane asylum. Since I haven’t done this before, I’m going to go back a couple months. From here on, I’ll list those since the last shout…
• Lace — Survival Suburbanite Style
• Clifton Hill — artist, writer, book reviewer
• Craig WF Smith — author of Zoolin Vale and the Chalice of Ringtar
• John Anelio — musician specializing in Sci Fi Songs
• Icy Sedgwick — aspiring author and great photo prompts (see Click, The Philosopher’s Stone)
• Apple Ardent Scott — writes horror and cool flash fiction
• Cathy Webster — fiction and life, it’s like TFM without the angst
• Mari Juniper — “stories, reflections, and pretty things”
• John Wiswell — anyone with the guts to call his blog The Bathroom Monologues is worth reading!
• Laurita Miller — and I seem to have lost her blog…
With the last few episodes of White Pickups waiting to be posted, I’ve been going back into the story and doing some preparatory work on the eBook version. The primary thread, how Cody becomes the person everyone looks to, is (I think) in reasonable shape. I need to work on some of the supporting characters, and these last few episodes are setting the stage for the sequel without really supporting the current story lines. Kind of sloppy, but that’s what happens when you just start writing sometimes. Without them, the ending felt kind of abrupt, which is why I didn’t just move them to Book 2.
I’m working on defining the framework for the two books now, which is probably a good idea because the second one is already about a third written.
Meanwhile, the Accidental Sorcerers series is already done — easy enough, since it’s only four parts — and the next three parts come out on successive Fridays. As in, part 2 tomorrow. Stay tuned…