Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Commence to… Something

Let’s start with the big picture — long-time readers will recognize the “Then” pic from July 2008.


So yesterday morning, we got up at 6:30 a.m. That was a Saturday, which is a bad thing, but this is something that only happens once. I have several pictures to share, so I’ll let them do most of the talking.

Here they come! You can see DD with a big smile
close to the bottom-right.


I was on the side where her back was to me for the diploma,
but I had a clear line of sight to her in the seats.


And here she is, taking the handoff!


And I got a clear shot of her coming off the stage.


Hey Dad, I got it!!!


For me, the highlight came near the end. She was chosen
to lead the entire assembly in the alma mater!

Today, we’re sort of recovering. I’m going to take Mason outside for a while now.

If anyone needs a music teacher who graduated magna cum laude yesterday, she will entertain all offers. ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter! Lovely Photo's. Throws lots of sparkly glitter in celebration ✰ •* ˚ ♥ 。* ˛。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ   ★ ° :.˚ ♥   . • ○ ° ★  .  *☆  .  ✰ •* ˚ ♥ 。* ˛。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ   ★ ° :.˚ ♥   . • ○ ° ★  .  *☆  .  ✰ •* ˚ ♥ 。* ˛。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ   ★ ° :.˚ ♥   . • ○ ° ★  .  *☆  .  ✰ •* ˚ ♥ 。* ˛。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ   ★ ° :.˚ ♥   . • ○ ° ★  .  *☆  .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Helen's comment - and envy her gift of glitter.

    Congratulations to your daughter. Excellent achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times. Magna-ficent Success. Congrats ! ✰* 。* *。✰˚*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your daughter and you... for leading her down the road to success! Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the new scholar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DD looks awesome (as per usual)! Congrats to the new grad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone! I've passed on the congrats and well-wishes to DD and she does appreciate them…

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...