Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Thursday, February 27, 2020

The great flopover

Today began the way it often does through the week: wife putting AJ next to me on the bed while she gets Mason on the bus. Today, AJ seemed anxious to be self-propelled; she squirmed and grunted on the bed until I put her on my chest. She’s 3 months old now, and even crawling is another entire lifetime away. It has to be frustrating, to be a curious rugrat and have to depend on the big stupid giants to figure out what you want to do or where to go.

I was working at home today, so I took Charlie to daycare and picked up some breakfast on the way back while the wife tried to keep AJ content. They hung out most of the morning, because I had a call I needed to be on from 10 to 11:30… but then it was lunch break. I took AJ, and let the wife scarf her egg and cheese croissant.

As I’ve said before, AJ is a lot like Mason—she likes to be walked around. I can also keep her occupied for a little while by turning on the ceiling fan in the bedroom; she loves watching it go 'round and 'round. But I walked her around a little more, and she zorched out. I laid her in the bassinet (on her tummy) and went back to work.

About half an hour later, the wife called down the hall: “Did you lay her on her back?”

“No,” I replied.

“Then she rolled over!”

I had to text Daughter Dearest with the news. I missed it :(, she replied. Get video!

Getting video was easier said than done, because AJ only flipped onto her back (she did it twice through the day) after waking up. So when DD came to pick her up, she really wanted that video…


(I cut out a lot of DD encouraging the flopover in a very squeaky voice.)

BTW, don’t suggest to DD that her laying on the bed made it easier for AJ to roll over.

3 comments:

  1. So cute, they grow so fast Larry. Nice to see the video. My own little granddaughter is now 3 years old. Hope you are well and still writing. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, good to hear from you again!

    I'm still writing, although it's a little slow. I have a couple things up at Wattpad, and am working on the last Accidental Sorcerers book and a few others.

    How about you? What have you been up to lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you're still writing. Most of my time these days is spent on card designing for a couple of craft sites, but I still do write occasional, if you're interested here is the latest mini series I wrote, called I'm Something Else - do let me know if you read it ^_^ https://wordsbyhelen.blogspot.com/2019/11/im-something-else.html

      Delete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...