Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Butter sauce: Easiest. Recipe. Ever.

A store-brand box of penne suggested tossing its (cooked) insides in butter sauce, so I had to have a look.

I can’t imagine a recipe easier than this, other than “Peel banana. Eat banana.” (That would be one of Charlie’s favorite recipes, anyway.) Charlie also enjoyed this with pasta (he loves him some pasta).

Ingredients:

1 stick butter (or plant butter, or margarine, whatever floats your boat)
1 T “Italian Medley” herb blend
dash (or three) garlic powder, or 1 tsp (or more… MORE!) minced garlic
1 box pasta

Do the deed:

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Melt butter in a saucepan or microwave. Stir in herb blend and garlic.

Pour over cooked pasta, toss until pasta is coated.

Serve with meat sauce and mozzarella fresca… or take your cue from Charlie and just EAT IT.

3 comments:

  1. Completely unrelated, but can we get an update on your books/writing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you doing? You still hanging in there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi all! Sorry about the long delay, I forgot to check the moderation page.

    Wooly, yup, still hanging in there. How about you? Did you take your blog down?

    Unknown, welcome to the free-range insane asylum! I would point you to my writing blog, but I haven't updated it, either. I'm very close to finishing the first draft of the last Accidental Sorcerers book. I should probably write a more comprehensive post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...