Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Whew

So today was the father-in-law’s catheterization, in which the docs would seek (and perhaps repair) any major blockages.

They found a couple of minor blockages, but they weren’t enough to impede blood flow. Given that he’s been feeling better since they replaced the Lasix with a different medication, one that wasn’t beating on his kidneys so much, they now think perhaps the root of his problem was kidney- rather than heart-related.

He’s going to spend one more night for observation (post-catheter thing) then send him home tomorrow. There will likely be more tests to confirm the current guess diagnosis, but he seems to be out of the woods for now. I hope he wants all his stuff back. ;-)

UPDATE: You know, last night he was in a semi-private room and didn’t have O’Liarly on. And he was feeling better. Coincidence? I think not!

2 comments:

  1. FAR, see, I told you that a day without Billo (bloviating gasbag) would do wonders! I hope things continue to improve ....

    But if he starts spouting talk about "I wore an onion on my belt, as that was the fashion at the time" stuff, you need to be worried... I think we have plenty of that now with Grampy Cranky McSame and his scary skirt neo-con (let me tell you in tongues!) MamaZilla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, IVG. He's home now, and probably has been making up for lost time with Fox Spew.

    If he starts talking about wearing onions on his belt, I will be looking to put him away. Or run very far. I should be doing that anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...