Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Good News on The Boy front, for a change

Yeesh, Wednesday already?

So I had just pulled into church for choir practice this evening, when I got a phone call. The Boy’s number came up on the caller ID, and I was immediately thinking: what does he want this time?

“I took the GED pre-test today, and passed everything. Even the math part.”

Doubly good news — not just that he passed, but he finally got arsed to take the freeking test in the first place!

“Yeah, so I take the real test on November 17. If I pass that, I’m going to tech school to be an electrician.”

Another piece of good news: he’s finally looking at a Plan B if his music career doesn’t happen. Not a bad choice either; it’s a skill that’s usually in demand. He should do well at it; I taught him how to solder when he was 4, and I’ve done plenty of wiring myself (although I draw the line on this side of live circuits).

So if he’ll stick to this, maybe that’s a little light at the end of the tunnel.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope he sticks with it, I'm glad he's thinking about trade school. I'd tell him to just focus on the GED for now, then once he passes, start to focus on trade school. A good electrician can make big $$$$$$, as long as he can get used to people telling him what to do for 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi FARfetched.

    Wowie Zowie about the boy. I hope he sticks with it. I agree with solar, a good electrician makes big $$$$$$.

    It's good to know he's at least thinking of a plan B and the future.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...