Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

TB01: This time for sure! (I think)

TB01: The Boy leaves home (again).

It was obviously coming: he asked to borrow the car Friday night, after Dad got in, and said he’d be back Saturday morning. As he had done this a few times in the previous week, and come back when he said he would, we didn’t think much of it. On the other hand, we weren’t exactly surprised when he didn’t show up Saturday morning. Or afternoon. Or evening. Or all day Sunday.

But when Monday rolled around, and still no Boy, Mrs. Fetched decided the car had been away from home long enough. It didn’t take her long to find it: at Lobster’s apartment, the second place she looked and she only went to the first because it was on the way into town. He handed over the key without argument, and she brought it home. Of course, he had all but run the entire tank of gas out of it, after I’d filled it up Thursday afternoon. He had to have gone 300 miles.

So Tuesday night, we’re scrambling to get things together so we can get Daughter Dearest to a concert — a warmup for a performance at the GMEA conference in Savannah, for which she leaves very early tomorrow morning — and who comes walking up the driveway wanting us to drop everything and move his stuff to Lobster’s apartment? The video equipment took up plenty of space, so there wasn’t room for his amplifier — he griped about that, but we managed to get him (and his other stuff) to Lobster’s and got down to the church in time for DD to get warmed up.

This evening, he stopped by to pick up his amp and a distortion pedal from the garage. He tells me (I’ll believe it when I see it) that he interviewed with a local phone survey company, the interview went well, and he hopes to be starting there next week. I hope so: an evening job will give him plenty of time to drag himself out of bed and get to it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi FARfetched.

    I had to go back and look at the TB0's. Very smart and slackerly idea. :)

    Hope The Boy is on the level with the telephone job and that Daughter Dearest does great and has a good time at the GMEA.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What FM said ... :)

    Best of luck to DD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys. I also hope this isn’t a TB06 (talks about getting a job, no follow-through). Of course, I had to retire TB07 since he actually did get his GED. One down, eight to go. :-)

    DD is in Savannah now; in fact I think they've started their performance as I type this. I was about to text a "good luck" message to her phone when I realized it was already 8:30.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey bro, solar here.

    Dad told me about DD and you and her must be very proud, at least one of the kids seems to have their head on straight. It's a shame when the "bad" one always seems to get the attention. I hope she keeps doing well, I very happy for her.

    What did I tell you when I talked to you last week when I said you were nuts to let the Boy use the car? Hate to say I told you so, but I did. I sure wish he would show some respect to you guys once and a while.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...