Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hi ho, Hi ho, it’s Home to Work I Go

Not many opportunities for rest at FAR Manor, especially on weekends.

The light fixture in Mrs. Fetched’s closet croaked last week, and she’s been on me ever since to change it. I’d put it on my to-do list, and planned to tackle it this weekend anyway. Naturally, the standard ceramic closet socket is unobtanium these days, so we ended up with one of those two-bulb sockets with the square glass dinner-plate diffuser. I put that up in the last hour, and all is well in the closet once again.

But, of course, that’s only the beginning. Mrs. Fetched has assigned to me: replacing a toilet seat (sorry, wrong size); taking out some saplings out front (which ones?); inspecting the roof in the back near a big oak tree (limbs coming off), and general clean up the house stuff to absorb any free time I manage to end up with. I suppose I could go pick up all the limbs blown off trees in last week’s wind storms, to provide enough wood for the week.

I need to: drain a little oil out of the Virago (not sure how I overfilled it); change the oil in the Suzuki; take the Suzuki out to scrub in the new tire ← very important, you understand!; work on FAR Future (I’m 2/3 done with the next+1 episode and have a pretty good idea for next+2, next one’s pretty much done).

Off to early lunch. Mrs. Fetched is hungry & cranky.

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling well. In order to get some rest, I go to work. Anything that breaks there isn't my problem. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Far! Does that mean you won't have time to look for your Easter basket? Ha!

    Happy Easter to you and your family,

    yooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Far -

    Hee hee hee. I'm sorry about Far manor repairs chewing up your free time.

    I stopped in to see if you'd gotten your motorcycle ready for the road and were cruising the neighborhoods.

    Doesn't look like it was in the cards for Saturday, but maybe you'll have time for a Sunday drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey all!

    Boran, some of the things that break at work are my problem, but they don't break all the time. But I notice that when things get hectic at work, I get really cranky (because that's supposed to be my rest time!).

    Yooper, we actually made Easter baskets for the "kids," even though they're 16, 18, 20, and 21. They enjoyed them though!

    Kimber, I *did* get the Suzuki out on Saturday afternoon, enough to warm up the oil (to change it) and start scrubbing in the new rear tire. I haven't put the rear axle sliders back on because I can't figure out how they screw in! I'm thinking about getting a piece of steel tubing to slip inside the axle & tap some threads into it, with a couple of rubber spacers to hold it in place. Tomorrow morning's temps look marginal (30F low) but I'll probably ride it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...