Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Rhododendron InSAnItY!

I needed an excuse to try out Blogger’s new “scheduled post” feature, so I went out and took pix of some of the stuff sproinging up around the manor. We’ll see how it works over the next few days.

The rhododendron out front of the garage is, to say the least, happy. Then again, it doesn’t care what time of year it is — it’s either blooming or about to. It runs down the long side of the garage and is clearly visible from the kitchen window (about 20 feet long). But this spring, it’s even crazier than usual. This particular cluster is about the size of a child’s head.

Click for larger versions, of course. I’m pretty happy with this shot; the IBs are pretty clear (although the rhodo is a bit of an exhibitionist in that regard).

I couldn’t decide which shot to post… so I posted both!

4 comments:

  1. Hey FAR! Yeah, I've been using that new scheduled thingie myself and think it's pretty cool.

    I've never thought much about rhododendrons and wondered why people like them so much, but this one could turn me into a fan (even though it's pink), I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a white one, too, but the blooms aren't nearly as big ("only" 2-3" across). I ought to put up a shot or two though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both are lovely shots, our nearby parks and gardens are full of beautiful rhododendrons and azaleas at the moment, such beautiful flowers and such wonderful colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Crafty. I love the descriptions of your walks around the parks & gardens. Edinburgh sounds like a beautiful place to live.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...