Looking for writing-related posts? Check out my new writing blog, www.larrykollar.com!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Wow. Just Plain Wow.

A high school student in Hillsdale, Michigan decided to run for mayor as a write-in candidate yesterday, partly because the incumbent didn’t have a challenger. He won.

The funniest part was when the incumbent quipped, “How much credibility does an 18-year-old have?” BWAAAA HAAA HA HA HA ha haaaaaa... wheeze gasp Whoo. That’s got to be some kind of record for podphagy (i.e. sticking both feet in your mouth, chewing, and swallowing).

Mayor-elect Sessions, I wish you all the best. You earned the seat, and it will be interesting to see how it works out.

3 comments:

  1. If I were mayor, my first line of duty would to have all the Friday's declared to be, "Drink at work Friday".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that the other day and was absolutely ecstatic...tells you how irritated the voters are with the status quo.

    Hopefully he has some great mentors and a support network...the powers that be will try to pull some fast ones I'm sure.

    He has my moral support - 100% - for just stepping up to the plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in a township, not a city, so I will have to move in order to run for mayor.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and they don't have to be complimentary. I delete spam on sight, but that's pretty much it for moderation. Long off-topic rants or unconstructive flamage are also candidates for deletion but I haven’t seen any of that so far.

I have comment moderation on for posts over a week old, but that’s so I’ll see them.

Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout-out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...